Date: Date T.B.D
To celebrate National Interfaith Week, Westminster Faith Exchange has joined forces with Westminster City Council's Road Safety Team and Cycle Confident to create two leisurely three mile cycle rides around some of Westminster's many fascinating places of worship. We could have chosen many others, so if you have some favourites, let us know and we'll try and include them in more rides next year.
The rides will be professionally marshalled and family-friendly. They will use quiet roads and some of the segregated cycle tracks recently installed in Westminster. A little background information will be given at each of the places of worship. Riders can join at any one of the places of worship and there will be a return ride for those wishing to be accompanied to their starting point.
Santander Cycle Hire Docking Stations are located near the start and end of each ride.
Please reserve your places at the Cycle Confident website https://www.cycleconfident.com/courses/led-rides/
Soft drinks and vegetarian snacks will be provided on the ride.
Please meet at the first venue of each ride in good time for a prompt 2.00pm start.
South Cycle Ride venues:
Saturday 18 November 2.00 - 3.30pm
- The Buddhist Society, 58 Eccleston Square, Pimlico
- Westminster Cathedral (Roman Catholic)
- Westminster Abbey (Church of England)
- Westminster Central Hall (Methodist Church
- St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square (Church of England)
- Westminster Quaker Meeting House, St Martin's Lane
- Church of Notre Dame de France, Leicester Square (Roman Catholic)
North Cycle Ride venues:
Sunday 19 November 2.00 - 3.30pm
- Cathedral of the Divine Wisdom (Hagia Sophia), Bayswater (Greek Orthodox)
- Tyburn Convent, Bayswater Road (Roman Catholic)
- West London Synagogue, Seymour Place (Reform)
- The Swedish Church in London, Marylebone
- Church of Our Lady, St John's Wood (Roman Catholic)
- Liberal Jewish Synagogue, St John's Wood
- Central London Mosque, Regent's Park (Sunni)
Please contact the Chair, Cllr Ruth Bush if you have any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07856 852 595