Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
This page gives useful contacts and links to help and advice during the current Corvid-19 outbreak.
The latest Government advice is as follows:
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
This includes people of all ages – even if you do not have any symptoms or other health conditions.
You can only leave your home:
- to shop for basic essentials – only when you really need to
- to do one form of exercise a day – such as a run, walk or cycle, alone or with other people you live with
- for any medical need – for example, to visit a pharmacy or deliver essential supplies to a vulnerable person
- to travel to and from work – but only where this is absolutely necessary
To protect yourself and others, please follow the NHS advice on how to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus (social distancing).
Advice from your borough
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea dedicated web portal
- Westminster Coronavirus (COVID-19) - advice and information pages
- Hammersmith & Fulham - Coronavirus - latest information and advice
|Signhealth a leading Deaf charity, has translated this information into BSL from Public Health England and the Department of Health and Social Care.|
Mencap has information which will help people with learning disabilities to understand more about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Getting Help from your borough, and volunteering:
In Kensington and Chelsea:
If you are concerned about yourself or someone you know, please contact Adult Social Care on 020 7361 3013 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to volunteer please visit https://www.voluntarywork.org.uk/ and register your interest.
If you need help or you know of anyone who needs help as a result of COVID-19, please email email@example.com
If you are concerned about an adult who you think requires social care and support or you have a safeguarding concern, please phone 020 7641 1444 or 020 7641 1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to volunteer please visit https://www.westminster.gov.uk/coronavirus-how-you-can-help and register with us.
In Hammersmith & Fulham:
If you are concerned about yourself or someone you know, please contact adult health and care on 020 8753 4198 or 020 8753 6682 or email email@example.com
And for any safeguarding concerns, contact SafeguardingAdults@lbhf.gov.uk
If you want to volunteer please visit H&F Community Aid Network to register your interest.
Help and resources whilst social distancing or in self-isolation
How to protect yourself
If neither you nor anyone in your household has symptoms, you are advised to:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of Coronavirus
- Only travel on public transport if you need to
- Work from home, where you can
- Avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- Avoid events with large groups of people
- Use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
As a precaution, do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family.
This advice is particularly important for anyone aged over 70, pregnant and/or with underlying health conditions
Risk of transmission at gatherings remains low however, the government has advised against mass gatherings and will no longer be supporting mass gatherings with emergency workers for staffing reasons.
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
You can find the latest information and advice from the NHS website.