Guidance for Direct Payment Employers and PAs
The outbreak of COVID-19 (also know as Coronavirus) is a current public health issue and as such certain precautions need to be taken for both people who are receiving care and those employed to give care via Direct Payments.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we understand that this may be a very difficult time for carers to carry out shopping tasks. Many stores are now offering priority shopping for vulnerable people and the elderly.
If you would like some assistance with providing your carer with appropriate identification to support them to complete shopping tasks more efficiently, or if you are having difficulties passing on cash to your carers for your shopping, please contact ASCpersonalisation@westminster.gov.uk
Information and Advice
Citizens Advice Kensington and Chelsea can still provide advice and support. Please call on 0300 330 1174 between 10am and 12 noon Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccinations for Personal Assistants
Vaccination against Coronavirus is strongly recommended for everyone, as it is now available for nearly all adults, but you cannot make your employee/s have the vaccine as it is classed as a medical treatment which requires consent. If you have any queries on employment advice regarding vaccination, please contact your Employers Liability Insurance.
Advice can also be found at:
- ILG Support : Q&A Can I insist that my PA take the Coronavirus vaccine
- Fish Insurance : Can I make it a requirement for my carer to have the vaccine?
The following guidance draws together the most common questions about COVID-19, guidance on how to guard against it and the legal and employment considerations around being a PA or employing a PA at this time.
Mark Bates Ltd guidance
These FAQs were created from queries and current guidance from the Government.
- Government Guidance – Households Staying at Home
- Government Guidance - Supported Living Provision
- ACAS – Latest Guidance for Employers & Employees
- Carers UK - Coronavirus Guidance
Public Health guidance and resources
- Isolate your household - stay at home
- Wash your hands more often
- Coronavirus FAQs for those employing carers - designed to answer questions those employing carers may have at this time.