AoD Community Advocacy (LBHF)
Not Specified per hour from Action on Disability
Advocacy ensures that people’s voices are heard. It is a way of providing practical support that enables people to make informed choices, represent themselves and get the services they need. It promotes inclusion and justice. It helps to redress the power imbalance between service users and providers.
The Advocacy Service exists to support adults who have a problem they cannot resolve themselves. This includes:
- Care assessments and appeals
- Care Charges
- Support to get services
- Refusal of service
- Reduction of service
- Direct Payments problems
- Problems with care packages or the agency providing care
- Support to attend meetings
How do we do this?
- By going through the above processes with you.
- Supporting you to have your voice heard and to say what you need.
- Understanding and explaining your rights to you
- Communicating with your social worker or other professionals
- Treating you with respect at all times
We also provide with Mencap: Advocacy specifically for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD). The service is funded by Hammersmith and Fulham Council and NHS Hammersmith and Fulham. It is free, independent and open to any adult who receives or is entitled to Adult Social Care and lives in Hammersmith and Fulham.
Phone 020 7385 2098 / 7381 2042
Post Action on Disability, Lillie Road, London SW6 7SR
Additional search terms: Advocacy