Campden Charities have been supporting people in financial need in Kensington since 1629. They prioritise achieving results for families and individuals whether they give support to them directly or fund other organisations to help them.
Support which they offer
Their grants are intended to relieve financial hardship.
They have four main areas of grant giving:
- To assist those of working age to obtain employment with grants for course fees, travel, childcare and equipment.
- To support students at university.
- Help for older people including grants to help with replacement of household appliances, local activities, courses and debt advice.
- Grants for not-for-profit organisations that help us with our work with individuals.
To be eligible for their support individuals must:
- Have been continuously residing in Kensington for at least 2 years. View our area of benefit map.
- Be a British or European citizen or have indefinite leave to remain
- Be living in rented accommodation and not a home owner
- Be in receipt of benefits, including housing benefit, or in low paid work.
This is their own advice service. Gate Advice provides assistance to working age individuals to help them identify achievable steps relating to education and employment.
For information get in touch: 020 7243 0551
Gate Engage is a project that provides assistance to individuals who are aged 40 and over in receipt of health related benefits. The services provided by Gate Engage include: help to access debt advice and develop budgeting skills, help to engage with local and social activities and help with household goods.
For information get in touch: 020 7243 0551 or visit their website.
Studios 3 & 4 , 27A Pembridge Villas,