Skip to main content

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Information on this website is subject to change at short notice due to the current Covid-19 pandemic.

Please click here for information and advice about the current COVID-19 outbreak and how to get help from your council, as well as other sources of information and support. You can also offer to volunteer.

Someone to speak on your behalf - changes under the Care Act

Sometimes it helps to have someone else who can speak on your behalf and represent your interests, especially in formal situations or when you don't feel very confident. A person who speaks on your behalf in this way is often called an 'advocate'.

As a result of the Care Act 2014 your local council has a new duty to ensure that the people it works with have access to an advocate in certain circumstances.

And you can read more in our Someone to speak on your behalf page