10th – 16th June is Carers Week
Carers Week recognises the invaluable role that unpaid carers play in society. This year Carers Week will run from 10 – 16 June and look at Getting Carers Connected. Many people do not see themselves as carers, they feel they are doing what anyone would, caring unpaid for a loved one or friend. Carers week is a way of acknowledging the vital work they do, and ensuring they have the best possible support.
- Monday 10 June - Start the week with a guided tour of the Houses of Parliament to see where it’s all been going down. It’s an early start so meet at 9am outside Westminster Tube. In the afternoon you’ll swap the corridors of power for the more hallowed and saintly ground of St Paul’s Cathedral for a tour – group meeting at 2pm.
- Tuesday 11th - there will a group going for a guided tour of Chelsea Physic Garden, so hopefully the sun is shining! Here meet at 10:30am for an 11am tour. In the afternoon there’s a trip to Kew Gardens, group meeting at 2pm.
- Wednesday 12th has something for all tastes with a tour of Chelsea FC at 11am, a tour of the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace at 1pm and a trip to Chiswick House for a tour of their gardens at 3pm. In the evening it’s theatre time with a trip to Bush Theatre to see the play Strange Fruit at 7pm.
- Thursday 13th - a group will enjoy a historical guided tour of Fulham Palace at 2pm followed by another evening theatre trip to the Royal Court Theatre to see the play White Pearl. at 7pm.
- Friday 14th will finishing the week off with a bang at the inaugural Carers’ Festival! This will be held at Paddington Recreation Ground from 12:30pm-3:30pm. Here, carers will be the centre of attention, sharing their skills and talents with fellow carers attending. There'll be crafters, painters, musicians, dancers, bakers and more. Come down to the event and enjoy the afternoon. There will also be a BAKE OFF at the festival, so if you’re a whizz in kitchen please bring down a show-stopper for the gingham alter! At the event you will also have the use of the bowls green and two tennis courts if you would like to enjoy some light exercise.
If you’d like to be involved as a stall holder, exhibitor or facilitator. It's not too late! Just let Carers Network know your skill or talent and how you’d like to be involved.
To register for a Carers Week activity or event please call 020 8960 3033 or email email@example.com
- People First holds a wide range of information of the caring role and what resources are out there to support you during the role.