A new look home Page for People First
A new look Home Page for People First
People First will be getting a great new Home Page on Wednesday 31st May.
What have we changed on the Home Page?
- We've simplified the menu structure and put it at the bottom of the Home Page, rather than the top.
- The information pages (with a wealth of content about a large number of topics) is now grouped by subject under the heading "Information". Click this link to drill straight to the topics.
- The other main areas - Events, News etc - are also clearly listed with big, bright buttons - hover your mouse over them to see what's in them
- We've clearly shown links to other, very useful, external websites, in particular the AskSARA website where residents can fill in a questionnaire to get personalised advice and guidance on products to help them stay mobile and independent at home.
- We've made the search box bigger and more central in the screen.
- Although it is not a visual thing, the searching function has been improved so search results should be more accurate
- The new menu is now on every page on the website (but at the top of the screen)
Why are we doing this?
Users of the website have told us that they have found the Home Page confusing with too many items on the menu. They have also said that the menu was fiddly to use, and 'flashed on and off' too easily when they hovered their mouse over it.
We've made it simpler to get to things you are interested in.
We've made it more colourful and clear.
We're working to make other aspects of the website even better, improving the search functionality further and making the content pages easier to use.
We'd like your feedback
Tell us what you think! Are we getting it right? What would you change? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org