Be a quitter this No Smoking Day
Be a quitter this No Smoking Day. National No Smoking Day this year will be recognised across the UK today with the NHS focusing on spreading the message about the different ways you can quit smoking and reap the health benefits of easier breathing, clearer skin, and reduced risk of heart attacks and lung cancer.
You can go to the NHS Smokefree support page to find out the loads of support available to you to stop smoking and you can join the 1000s of other residents who have been quitting in the three boroughs.
- Westminster had the highest number of people quitting smoking (5529 per 1000,000 smokers) and the highest number of smoking quit attempts in any local authority (11,248) per 100,000 smokers).
- Hammersmith had the third highest number of people who have attempted to quit and successfully stopped smoking.
NHS Stop Smoking Services offer support to help people quit smoking. This can include intensive support through group therapy or one-to-one support. The support is designed to be widely accessible within the local community and is provided by trained personnel, such as specialist smoking cessation advisors and trained nurses and pharmacists.
Kick-It is the free stop smoking service for residents of the Tri-borough in:
- London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea,
- City of Westminster
- Help to stop smoking information on People First
- Find what services in your area Kick-It provide to help you quit
- NHS Smokefree support page
- NHS Stop Smoking Services in England annual report