Carers Rights Day is 21 November
Carers Rights Day is a national day that helps to ensure unpaid carers are aware of their rights and know where to get help and support.
Our local Carers Network will be hosting information stalls from 1pm-4pm at the following Surgeries:
- Randolph Surgery, 235A Elgin Ave, Maida Vale, London W9 1NH
- Canberra Old Oak Surgery, 56 Bloemfontein Rd, White City, London W12 7FG
- Cassidy Medical Practice, 651A Fulham Rd, Fulham, London SW6 5PX
- Barlby Surgery, St Charles’ Centre for Health and Wellbeing, Exmoor St, Ladbroke Grove, London W10 6DZ
- Kings Road Medical Practice, 529 Kings Road, London, SW10 0UD
- Imperial College Health Centre, 40 Princes Gardens, SW7 1LY
Every day 6,000 people in the United Kingdom become carers, often unexpectedly. As a result, they have no way to plan or prepare for the sudden changes to their own life – whether that be juggling their employment with caring or having to claim new benefits. At the same time, they will have to come to terms with their new caring role and navigate the health and social services system.
Carers Network delivers one-to-one assessments with carers, an information and advice service, support groups and drop-in sessions. In addition, there is a busy programme of events, activities and training.