Easy read edition of NHS Stay Well booklet available
Easy read edition of NHS Stay Well booklet available now
The Clinical Commissioning Groups for Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster have now published an easy read edition of their free booklet, "Stay Well in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster" and "Stay Well in Hammersmith & Fulham .
Residents of the three boroughs received the colourful booklet
- (link here) from NHS Central London CCG and NHS West London CCG
- (lnk here) from NHS Hammersmith and Fulham CCG
through their letterboxes last winter as part of their campaign to make sure everybody has the right information to enable them to decide what to do next when they become unwell. The booklet includes:
- Tips on staying well and caring for yourself or someone else at home
- How to register with a GP and when to book an appointment
- Local mental health services and mental wellbeing advice
- How to find your nearest maternity services
- When to go to an Urgent Care Centre (UCC)
- Examples of life-threatening illnesses or injuries that need A&E care
- How to get involved with your local NHS
The easy read edition of the booklet has been broken down into bitesize segments and these are now all available online here.
The Stay Well booklets has been translated by easy read specialists. It is ideal for people with learning disabilities, poor vision, and people who speak English as a second language, among other groups. Adaptations include simplified wording, larger text, and explanatory illustrations featuring models with disabilities.
Download your Easy read edition of "NHS Stay Well booklet" here: