Healing words... the journey to wellness and recovery
“Writing is a very cathartic experience. It’s a chance to express feelings I had always thought were indescribable” - Sarah
The Advocacy Project are inviting you to enter a poetry competition. If you’ve experienced a mental health problem, or you’re a family member or friend of someone who has, they welcome you to send in your poem.
Creativity can help people express themselves during the darkest days of mental illness and throughout recovery. The Advocacy Project want to share this with as many people as possible to improve understanding of mental health.
Closing date: 8 Sep 2019, 5pm
- Darkest days: poems from before the dawn of hope
- Good days and bad days: poems from the road to recovery
- Being well: poems about more peaceful times
- Illustrated poems: poems with illustrations
- Spoken word: poems spoken by the writer
The poems will be judged by six people including Joanna Scanlan – actress and writer. All entrants will remain anonymous from the judges until the award ceremony.
More information and how to enter
Visit www.advocacyproject.org.uk/poetry or call Jo Kay on 020 8969 3000