Healthier Homes Green Doctors Scheme
This is a free service for eligible residents in Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea to support them in having a comfortable and healthy home.
Free home visits to eligible residents (eligibility criteria below) with key elements as follows:
- Improving energy efficiency of properties by installing small measures and referring for larger measures ensuring a long term sustainable solutions to eradicate fuel poverty and its negative health implications.
- Free measures such as energy monitor, LED's, draught proofing & Water saving products
- Improve resident understanding of utility bills by 1-2-1 advice and hand holding residents through an energy bill switching services enabling them to access cheaper fuel. Addressing high water bills and applying for water bill discounts and/or assistance funds
- Further support residents to access help from energy companies by applying for debt assistance, Priority Register and WHD (£140).
- Provide a gateway for other related services by connecting residents to home, home safety, and health/well-being services.
- Integrated 1-1 behaviour advice to embed long-term change and further improve health and finance
To refer into this scheme, please visit use this online form, emailing: GreenDoctorsLDN@groundwork.org.uk or phoning: 0300 365 5003
Eligibility Criteria for Healthier Homes Green Doctors:
- Aged 16-25 and on a low income
- Over 65
- On a low income, pregnant or with children under 14
- Young parents aged under 35 on low income
- Respiratory or cardiovascular disease on low income
- Severe mental illness or dementia
- Multiple health issues, physical disability or suffering from long term
More information can be found at: https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/housing/living-healthy-homes/affordable-warmth-and-energy-efficiency-home
Other information and advice
You may also find it useful to look at the following pages on People First:-
And Age UK have produced their own tips on keeping warm this winter.
NHS H&F CCG have produced their 'Stay well this winter' leaflet with updated information of services (for Hammersmith & Fulham residents).